Employees throughout California deserve to not only recognize their rights, but they should also understand how to protect them. When employers violate these rights, employees who suffer may take legal action to safeguard their rights with employment lawyers on their side.
Below, we’ll detail some of your rights as an employee and what happens if your employer takes advantage of those rights.
- The right to not be harassed or discriminated against: Employers cannot harass someone or discriminate against them for race, gender, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or another protected class.
- The right to equal pay for equal work: Employees deserve the right to receive equal pay if they perform the same exact job.
- The right to receive reasonable accommodations: Employers must provide reasonable accommodations for someone who has specific medical conditions, religious beliefs, or other special needs.
- The right to confidential information: If an employee shares specific information regarding medical history or disabilities with their employer, they have a reasonable right to believe that information will be kept confidential.
- The right to report discrimination without fear of retaliation: If an employer discriminates against an employee, the employee has the right to report it without feeling as though they’ll be fired or treated negatively in the workplace.
Protect Your Rights with Our Firm
Our goal is to safeguard our clients and their employment rights. At Aegis Law Firm, we commit to the strongest representation when our clients need it most. If you feel your employer violated your rights, you deserve to move forward with a lawyer who knows your best interests.
Our Irvine employment law lawyers are here for you every step of the way. When you need strong legal counsel, trust that we’ll be your voice and pursue the most favorable outcome possible on your behalf.
Ready to discover your options and learn if you have a case? Call our firm today at (800) 543-4829 to get started.