The Aegis Law Firm, a California Employment and Consumer Law Firm, is pleased to offer an annual scholarship of $1,000 to a student who is planning on or currently attending their first year of graduate school or college. The annual program is designed to assist students who have performed community service, overcome a challenge in life, and those who demonstrate financial need.
Scholarship Award Amount and Key Dates
- A scholarship of $1,000.00 will be awarded annually
- The Scholarship check will be made out to the winner’s educational institution and is mailed to the recipient’s home address
- All applications and supporting material must be submitted by the end of December, annually
- The scholarship winner will be notified prior to January 31st annually.
Scholarship Entry Requirements
- All scholarship applicants must submit an essay between 400 and 800 words detailing a challenge their lives they have overcome, acts of community service they have been involved in and how they intend to finance their education.
Scholarship Application Requirements:
- Fully complete the application found here: Scholarship Application
- Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Application
- Current college or graduate school transcript or, if not already enrolled, your acceptance letter to a college or graduate school.
- Proof of at least a 2.5 GPA
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as a full-time student of an accredited college/university within the United States for completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Employees, clients, professional affiliates, and agents of the Aegis Law Firm (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
- The applicant must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA