If you have been injured or become ill at work, you understand how it can quickly turn your life upside down. The pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of income, and other damages can be extreme and life-altering. To recoup the damages experienced due to a workplace illness or injury, workers’ compensation is available to protect you.
The employment lawyer with Aegis Law can provide guidance when dealing with an injury requiring workers’ compensation in San Diego. We understand the challenges you face and can review your case, explain your rights, and determine whether you are eligible for compensation.
Aegis Law Can Help You With Your Workers’ Compensation Case
- The Aegis Law team has spent almost twenty years representing injured workers. During this time, we have gained valuable experience and have become experienced negotiators who are equally as comfortable with litigation.
- We understand that your focus needs to be on healing. We will make sure all filings and deadlines are properly met and will handle the communication for you so that your energy can be spent getting better.
- We have a history of successful settlements. We have obtained hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients and are ready to fight for a successful resolution for you.
Benefits You Might Be Owed From a Workers’ Compensation Claim
Workers’ compensation aims for injured or ill employees to retain their financial stability even if they are hurt or sick. By working with a San Diego workers’ compensation attorney, you can pursue recompense for the damages you incurred. Listed below are some of the damages you may be entitled to:
- Medical costs add up quickly. From the ambulance to the emergency room, medical expenses have already begun to mount. Keep track of the cost of your hospital stays, therapy costs, prescription expenses, bills for diagnostic tests, and expenses related to surgeries, procedures, and therapies.
- If you are temporarily disabled, you may be reimbursed two-thirds of what you would have otherwise brought home weekly while recovering. This can offset some of the expenses you usually would have to pay with your regular paycheck. While it is not the full amount you have lost, it can be helpful.
- You may be entitled to compensation for permanent disabilities if the medical professionals in charge of your case believe that you will not recover from your injuries or illness. Workers’ compensation can help with your financial recovery. Speak to your workers’ compensation attorney about the amount you are entitled to. It will depend on the type of job you hold, the injuries sustained, and your age.
- If a loved one loses their life due to an accident or illness at work, their loved ones are normally awarded $10,000 for burial expenses and a one-time payment of between $250,000 and $320,000. If the victim had minor children, they would receive ⅔ of his weekly income until they were 18 years of age.
- If an illness or injury means that performing their responsibilities at work is no longer possible, workers’ compensation may provide the employee with $6,000 for educational training so that they can train for work they are capable of doing at their job.
Reach out to a San Diego Workers’ Compensation Attorney For Guidance
Often, without the protection of a workers’ compensation lawyer, you may be tempted to accept an offer of settlement that is much less than what you are entitled to receive. By speaking with a San Diego workers’ compensation lawyer, you will understand the value of the damages you experienced so that you are not taken advantage of when it comes time to settle.
If you or a loved one has been hurt on the job, the team at Aegis Law is ready to fight for you. We will ensure you do not leave anything on the table as we work hard to resolve the incident as generously as possible on your behalf.