Samuel A. Wong is a renowned Orange County trial lawyer and a Co-Founder of Aegis Law Firm. Mr. Wong has spent his entire career litigating employment related matters, including wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, wage, disability and medical leave cases. Mr. Wong is also an expert in class action litigation.
Mr. Wong has obtained millions of dollars on behalf of his clients through trial, arbitration, and settlement. He just recently obtained a unanimous jury verdict for his client in a two-month long trial. He is a published author, frequent speaker on employment law topics, and an active member of the Orange County Bar Association – Labor and Employment Section, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association and California Employment Lawyers Association.
As a result of Mr. Wong's success in the field of employment law, Mr. Wong has consistently been selected as one of the Top Five Attorneys in Orange County by the OC Register and OC Metro magazine, and the publishers of Los Angeles Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine have consistently selected him as a “Super Lawyer” in the area of Employment Law. This honor is limited to the top 2.5% of all lawyers in California.
Prior to forming Aegis Law Firm Mr. Wong worked at the California Court of Appeals and was formerly an Associate at Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker, LLP (a leading national employment law defense firm), concentrating his practice on labor and employment matters. Mr. Wong received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and a B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley.
Among Mr. Wong's varied engagements, he has served as counsel in highly publicized and complex employment litigation matters including, the representation of Wal-Mart in a class action lawsuit relating to allegations of nationwide gender discrimination and representation of the University of Southern California relating to claims of age discrimination. Mr. Wong now focuses his practice exclusively on representing employees against employers in wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, wage, disability and medical leave cases.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A.
HONORS, AWARDS AND PRO BONO ACTIVITY
- Selected Top Attorney in the Field of Employment Law by OC Metro Magazine
- Super Lawyer 2016 published by Los Angeles Magazine
- Super Lawyer 2015 published by Los Angeles Magazine
- Super Lawyer 2013 published by Los Angeles Magazine
- Super Lawyer 2012 published by Los Angeles Magazine
- Super Lawyer 2011 published by Los Angeles Magazine
- Perfect 10/10 Rating from Avvo.com, a leading national lawyer directory
- Featured in OC Metro Magazine's 2010 Legal Eagles Edition
- Top 100 Lawyers, The National Advocates
- Top 40 Under 40, Employment Law, The American Society of Legal Advocates
- 10 Best for Client Satisfaction, The American Legal Institute of Legal Counsel
- Law Panel Advisor, University of California, Irvine Legal Clinic