Daniel J. Hyun is an associate at Aegis Law Firm. His primary areas of practice are wage and hour class actions and consumer class actions, representing employees and consumers for a variety of issues, including exempt misclassification, independent contractor misclassification, minimum and overtime pay, off-the-clock work, meal and rest period violations, expense reimbursement, improper time rounding, unpaid commissions, fraudulent misrepresentation, data breach, and defective products.
Prior to joining Aegis Law Firm, Mr. Hyun worked for several well-known plaintiffs’ class action law firms in Southern California. In his previous positions, Mr. Hyun’s work ranged from high profile wage and hour class actions and consumer class actions against multi-million- and billion-dollar companies.
For the past seven years, Mr. Hyun has helped obtain millions of dollars on behalf of consumers and employees. As a result of Mr. Hyun’s success, he was selected by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, a distinction received by only 2.5% of attorneys in Southern California.
Mr. Hyun attended the University of California, San Diego. While at UCSD, he was awarded multiple Provost’s Honors for obtaining a 4.0 GPA, and studied abroad at Yonsei University, in Seoul, South Korea. During college, he double majored in Political Science: Public Law and Communications, and earned Bachelor’s Degrees in both majors.
Mr. Hyun attended and earned his law degree from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law and studied for a year as a visiting scholar at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law. Mr. Hyun was a Scholar in Law recipient and made the Dean’s List for being in the top 20% of his class.
During law school, he volunteered at the Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County and provided free services such as filing wage and hour claims, unemployment claims, and criminal expungements to help low-income members of the community.
Mr. Hyun is admitted to practice before all California state courts and federal district courts. He is also a member of various legal organizations, including the American Association for Justice, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, California Employment Lawyers Association, and the California State Bar’s Labor and Employment section.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, J.D.
- Dean’s List
- CALI Award Winner
- Journal of Law & Policy, Associate Editor
- Scholar in Law
- University of California, San Diego, B.A. in Political Science: Public Law and Communications
- Provost’s Honors
- California State Bar
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
HONORS, AWARDS, AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2018
- American Association for Justice
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- California State Bar’s Labor and Employment section.